1. Amenities Building (10850 City Parkway) (a) Hours of Usage: Upper Amenities – 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Lower Amenities (gym & spa) – 24 hours
(b) Exclusive Use of Upper Amenities
- The Strata Corporation may authorize the exclusive use of the Upper Amenities area by an Owner or Tenant who completes a booking approval form, available at the Caretaker’s office.
- Exclusive use will be as follows: – Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. – Bookings are made on a first come, first serve basis. – Multiple bookings require a 2 hour period between events.
- Following authorization to obtain exclusive use, a non-refundable administration fee of $50 together with a refundable deposit fee of $150. must be made by the Owner or Tenant, payable to Strata LMS 4634.
- Immediately prior to an approved event, the Owner or Tenant requesting the event and the Caretaker or Strata Corporation representative will inspect and record any pre-existing damage.
- Immediately following an approved event, the Owner or Tenant requesting the event and the Caretaker or Strata Corporation representative will inspect and record any changes to the condition of the Upper Amenities area.
- The Upper Amenities area must be left clean, vacuumed and free of damage on completion of the event.
- If the Caretaker or Strata Corporation representative ascertain that damage has occurred or further cleaning is required, the Strata Corporation will undertake the repairs or further cleaning of the amenities area. Costs of doing so will be billed to the Owner, first from the damage deposit, then by separate charge.
(c) Gym Usage
- No one under the age of 16 may use the gym without adult supervision.
- Owners, Tenants and accompanied visitors / invitees must leave the gym in good condition – equipment returned to the proper areas, equipment wiped after use, all garbage placed in garbage receptacle, lights and television turned off.
- Owners and Tenants may invite their personal trainers to the gym for their workout. The personal trainer must be accompanied by the Owner or Tenant at all times.
- Personal trainers – Owners and Tenants included – may not use the Access gym to conduct their fitness business.
- Gym users may use personal music players with head phones only.
- No personally owned gym equipment may be left or stored in the gym.
- Only beverages (excluding alcohol) in non-breakable containers are allowed in the gym area.
- No food is allowed in the gym area.
- To ensure efficiency of the air conditioning system, the gym door may not be propped open.
- No locks of any type may be left overnight on day lockers in the amenity areas. This includes the gym lockers and the change room lockers. (d) Spa Usage
- No one under the age of 16 may use the spa without adult supervision.
- Proper bathing attire must be worn while using the spa.
- Persons must shower before entering the spa.
- Owners, Tenants and accompanied visitors must leave the spa area in good condition – all belongings removed from lockers, all garbage placed in garbage receptacles, lights turned off, steam room turned off, spa jets turned off, energy-saving spa cover put in place over the spa.
- Only beverages (excluding alcohol) in non-breakable containers are allowed in the spa area.
- No food is allowed in the spa area.
- (e) General
- No excessive noise is permitted.
- No pets are allowed.
- Use of barbeques is not allowed indoors or outdoors.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tampering with or damaging any fixtures or property is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times.
- Alcohol is prohibited at all times.
- Turn off lights when leaving.
- No lock boxes are allowed on common property or limited common property, except those approved by the Strata Corporation for Fire Safety and / or Safety purposes.
An Owner, Tenant, occupant, agent or visitor must not:
- Do anything that increases the risk of fire, flood, or life safety.
- Use the Strata Lot for a purpose that involves undue noise or encourages loitering. i.e. parties on balconies or patios; fireworks.
- Leave open any gate or door without an attendant present for the duration of the opening.
Park or stop in the fire lane.
- Restrict or hinder passage on sidewalks, entrances, exits, hallways, stairwells and / or other passageways.
- Allow children to run or play in the hallway, stairwells or parkade.
- Collect or store domestic garbage or discarded items on common property, limited common property or common assets.
- Allow a Strata Lot to become unsanitary or a source of odour.
- Trespass on property to which another Owner or Tenant is entitled to exclusive use.
- Feed wild birds or animals.
- Use a barbeque other than one that is powered by natural gas, propane or electricity.
- Shake mops, dusters or rugs from windows or balconies.
- Throw or allow garbage or other materials to drop from windows or balconies.
- Pressure wash or allow water to pour from a balcony without first notifying the Owner / Tenant in the unit below.
- Store any items not typically meant for balconies or patios in those areas.
- Place any items on a balcony or patio except free-standing, self-contained, securely fastened planter boxes, barbeques, summer furniture and accessories.
- Hang laundry, clothing, bedding or other personal items from windows, balconies and patios.
- Place flags, signs, bill boards, notices or other advertising matter of any kind on or visible from the outside of the Strata Lot.
- Place a satellite dish television or radio antenna on a balcony or patio.
- Erect a fence, trellis, cover or enclosure.
- Install window coverings visible from outside the strata lot that are not white or cream in colour.
- Display Christmas lights except between November 15 and February 15.
3. Garbage Disposal and Recycling
10866 and 10838 – All household garbage must be placed in the garbage compactor and the door on the compactor closed. 10822 – All household garbage must be placed in the appropriate bin in the garbage room.
Recycling is to be placed in the appropriate blue recycling bin.
Cardboard is to be placed in the Cardboard Only container. All cardboard must be flattened before depositing it in the container. Any Styrofoam or packing materials must be separated from the cardboard and deposited in the appropriate garbage or recycling container for that item.
Absolutely no items are to be left in the garbage room or recycling areas. Items not disposed of in a proper manner will be the responsibility of the Owner or Tenant to remove or will be removed at the expense of the Owner or Tenant.
All items other than regular household garbage, regular household recycling and cardboard are the responsibility of the Owner or Tenant to dispose of according to City of Surrey Bylaws and must not be left anywhere on Strata property.
Anyone using the garage gate must wait for it to close completely before proceeding.
Owners must meet guests, delivery persons or tradespersons at the front gate.
Owners must report any concerns with doors closing or locking improperly to the Caretaker or Strata Corporation representative immediately.
Lost entry fobs or key cards must be reported to the Caretaker or Strata Corporation representative immediately.
5. Move In / Out
Elevators cannot be booked for longer than three hours per day. The Caretaker or designated person will lock off the elevator and return in three hours to unlock it. If the person using the elevator for the move uses or requires the elevator for a longer time, they will be charged $50.00 for each 30 minutes or part of 30 minutes used. This amount will be deducted from the damage deposit or charged to the Strata Lot.
6. Purchasing of Access Control Remotes, Keytags or Cards
All Owners shall pay a non-refundable $50.00 for the purchase of an access control keytag or card and a non-refundable $100.00 for each garage remote.
7. No personal items may be placed in common hallways. This includes but is not limited to: door / floor mats, floor decorations, foot wear, umbrellas.
Failure to comply with any of the Rules set out in this document “House Rules” will result in a fine against your Strata Lot as described in LMS 4634 Bylaws, Division 4, 34.1., 34.2 and 34.3.
- Rules repealed and replaced in its entirety – ratified at June 10, 2010 AGM
- Move In / Out Rule added at January 17, 2011 Council Meeting – ratified at August 10, 2011 AGM
- Gym Usage Rule added at January 12, 2012 Council Meeting – ratified at July 10, 2012 AGM
- Access Control Remotes, Keytags or Cards Rule added at March 22, 2012 Council Meeting – ratified at July 10, 2012 AGM
- Rule #7 added at March 13, 2013 Council Meeting – ratified at August 8, 2013 AGM
- Rule #8 added at March 13, 2013 Council Meeting – defeated at August 8, 2013 AGM
- Rule #1 (c) amended at October 17, 2013 Council – ratified at September 8, 2014 AGM
- Rule #1 (e) amended at October 17, 2013 Council – ratified at September 8, 2014 AGM